Monday, February 15, 2010

Running differently

I don't think I'd be running again anytime soon. My shift won't allow me to, or at least I'd like to think my shift won't allow me to (I'm making up excuses).

I'm on my first day of training. First two days were dedicated to orientation (that, I think, is as far as the information could share with you about work).

You all remember your first days. Be it at school, work, big brother house etc. We all dread that first day. I remember my mother would always have to send me to school on first days from Prep School till my Senior year. Yes, I'm a mama's boy.

From the awkwardness to the very uncomfortable "Introduce yourself" in front of the class, I dread every single day the school year would start. The fear of the unknown really, I guess, is innate of us – to most of us to say the least.

It's all about the first impressions. They say first impressions last. That would be true to those who didn't give any effort to get to know the person.

It's very easy for us to judge a person by the way they speak, talk, walk, dress, look, and even smell. I know that for a fact because I'm also one of those people who judge someone by how they initially seem to be. You ever had experienced someone asking you about someone then you and your stupid mouth would say bad things you think that person is and then it turns out the person you are talking to is a close friend of that person you've bad mouthed? Then you start reverse vomiting but it's useless coz you've already hurt the person's feelings.

From John Mayer's song, Oh, it's another social casualty… Score one more for me… How could I forget mama said, "Think before speaking"?

And that's the problem about words, once it's out, you can never take it back. True enough think before speaking. But in this case, prevention would be to avoid prejudice. That's basically is the root of discrimination. There's a reason people are like the way they are. One of my favorite movies, Crash, talked about how people makes other people miserable because another person has made them miserable. You can't just say he's arrogant because he is just that. He may come off too strong to some because he grew up of a family that was never proud of him. He may have turned into giving this impression so he would have a sense of achievement.

We live in a diverse world. As the movie said, "Moving at the speed of light, we are bound to collide with each other". And unless we learn to not just tolerate, but accept each other's difference, our miscellany is off to unending arguments with each other.

Share love… Give love… Spread love…


 

Till next time

Thank you so much,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment